Friday, April 1, 2011

Is it really April already?

Wow! I didn't even realize it was April until I saw my blog listed as April. March flew by! March was good for the most part. I'm a year older, but this year I stop going up in numbers. I will be 29 for the next ten years.


I started looking into Master's Programs a few nights ago. I found one that is completely online and takes 18 months to complete. Through my work, I get tuition reimbursement, 5% deduction on the fees and free books and online course materials. Pretty good deal. I have to take 36 credit hours at $510 a credit hour. That equals $18,360. It's a $1000 a month. Right now, I don't have that. The program also has something where you can suspend your payments until you get the tuition reimbursement. If anything, that would be what I would have to do. I plan on getting my Master's in Education: Family and Community Services. I have been debating on it for a long time and know I will get further with that, than I would with a Master's in History. I can still be completely and utterly fascinated with History. That will never stop. Who wants to visit Civil War Battle Sites with me?

So the Gashland/Clardy PTA annual Family Fun Night was tonight. Ummmm....what to say? It wasn't what I expected. Every other year, it has been dinner, raffles, games, prizes, dancing, etc.... Tonight, well....it was dinner, than Radio Disney and about 90% of the raffle items sucked. Sorry to be so blunt. I was thinking, did I really just spend $35 to be here tonight? The kids did seem to enjoy themselves for the most part, but after a while, it got old and they wanted to leave. I know the PTA works hard on this, but next year, let's go back to the same old song and dance. People enjoyed that.










And who ever said that gummy octopus and gummy lobsters weren't awesome, are pretty weird!

1 comment: