Thursday, June 9, 2011

MOMS Club

I have been involved with MOMS Club since February 2006. If you have no idea what I am talking about, check out the International MOMS Club website. For the 2006-2007 term, I was elected as Administrative Vice President. This is the person who takes over for the President when needed and the person who sets up the community service projects. We totally rocked it out that year. We adopted a family for Christmas and gave them over a $1500 Christmas. Did meals for Ronald McDonald House and formed a team for the March for Babies that raised over $2500. By 2007, our chapter had grown to over 100 members, so it was required by the International MOMS Club to "sister". I founded the current chapter that is running in the KC/Gladstone area.
I stayed on as President for a year, then took a backseat.

This last week, I was elected back to the Administrative Vice President position and I am super excited about it. It seems in the last few years that the chapter has lacked in community involvement. But never fear, that is my strength. I already have a list of things for just 2011. I haven't even started on 2012 yet.

Here are my ideas and if they are voted in, I will make them all happen!

  • Community Blood Drive
  • Bikers For Babies volunteering (September 18th)...I already volunteer for them, so I would love others to join me.
  • Collecting food at the Ren Fest for Harvesters
  • Mud and Muck Run to support Harvesters
  • Meal and collection for Ronald McDonald House
What are your ideas? What do you like doing in your community?

Remember, you never become poor by helping others. And as the great man, Ron Poplau said "The doer of good becomes good"

No comments:

Post a Comment